Don’t rely on a roll of the dice to get your concert heard about; rely on the experts instead!
What is music PR and what does it entail? With over three decades of experience in the PR industry, we have the expertise to answer these questions. Music PR is a promotional campaign technique or strategy to promote interest amongst the media, record companies, and the general public about a band or musical artist. A music PR campaign typically involves the promotion of live tours or new music releases.
Music PR companies like Lobeline Communications use a vast network of contacts in their media circles and the PR music industry in order to promote the musical artist’s brand and tell their story.
A music PR agency works with the musical artist to create both short-term and long-term goals focused on developing improved awareness by the public and the media. In the public relations music industry, PR companies use campaigns, artist interviews, and PR concert reviews to keep the musical artist or band in the spotlight. But how does music PR actually work? Let’s take a closer look.
To effectively capture the attention of the masses, you need to create a buzz that generates interest in your music. Music PR campaigns find ways to get the media and the public excited about musical artists and bands. Lobeline Communications knows how to utilize the correct channels for your intended audience to garner the attention you need to be successful. Some of our strategies include:
- Radio promotions
- Network TV interviews
- Cable TV spots
- Website design and curation
- Viral marketing
- E-mail blasts
- Newspaper and magazine articles
- Social media marketing
We are agile in our approach, knowing that a blend of traditional and modern strategies delivers the best results for our clients.
Develop Press Kits
Any public relations campaign for music needs an appealing press kit. The press kit contains promotional material and resources for editors, interviewers, and reporters. Typical elements of a Lobeline press kit include:
- Biography detailing the artist or band
- A high-quality photograph of the musician(s)
- Links to performance videos
- Tour information/performance dates (if applicable)
- Quotes from noteworthy interviews
It’s also a good idea to include a link to SoundCloud, Spotify, or other streaming platforms where your music can be played.
Create a Strong Media Presence
Social media has been a total game-changer for the music industry. With the rise of platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, musicians can bypass traditional routes like TV and radio and connect directly with their intended audience. However, to do so effectively, you need the guidance of an entertainment public relations firm.
Lobeline Communications works with artists and bands in social media management to craft authentic, engaging content that connects with an audience. We can also design beautiful websites that speak to your overall brand, style, and voice. In this modern world, it’s vital you have a strong online presence to drive engagement. Let us help take your online presence to the next level.
Music PR Best Practices
It’s not enough to think about right now. For your public relations campaign to truly be successful, you need to plan for the future. After all, many media outlets and services work months in advance. Lobeline Communications is extremely familiar with these timelines. As such, we can create a campaign that follows the appropriate lead time needed for national publications, press tours, and promotional events. When you work with us, you can stay ahead of the game with a strategic, forward-thinking plan.
Take a Digital Approach
It may go without saying, but to be a successful musician in the modern age, you need a digital approach. These new digital tools allow musical artists and bands to achieve mainstream success in entirely new ways. They also allow you to form deeper connections with your fans. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the internet never sleeps. As a result, capturing and keeping an audience’s attention is a 24/7 hustle. Lobeline Communications knows you want to focus on your artistry—the music. Let us handle the rest.
Embrace the Idea of a Publicist
At first, having a publicist may seem like a foreign concept. You’re more than likely used to handling all things related to your career. So, handing the reins over to someone can be unsettling. But, when you work with Lobeline Communications, you can rest easy. We have the experience needed to guide your career in the right direction.
By embracing the idea of working with a publicist, you can remove any tension from the relationship. We are on your side, and your concerns are our concerns. It’s important to note that the music publicist is not the musical artist’s manager or responsible for cutting deals. Our responsibility is to handle your media image and brand story.
PR for Musicians: Our Services
Music PR firms like Lobeline Communications work with celebrities and entertainers from the worlds of music and entertainment, offering only the best public relations to ensure that their public image stays as positive and on-brand as possible. At Lobeline, we provide personalized PR campaigns that help promote all of the music and work you want your fans and the public to know. We also help you shape your public persona across all platforms and forms of media.
Our modern music public relations firm combines traditional PR techniques with a more contemporary digital method. We promote your music and body of work while improving your overall profile through television, radio, and print media.
- Press coverage. Any public relations music strategy worth its merit involves positive press coverage. We promote your music through both national and local exposure in top publications in the music and entertainment industries. We also make sure that our PR music campaigns are well-targeted and wide-reaching.
- Media interviews. We organize interviews and features across television and radio and allow you the opportunity to have your voice heard on a national scale. Thanks to our vast network of media connections, we can also secure airtime for you on globally visible platforms.
- Press releases. Our content team will work with you to create press releases that promote and capture the essence of your personality and music. As a leading music PR agency, we have contacts and open lines of communication with some of the top media outlets worldwide.
- Online PR and social media. We take advantage of the entire range of digital media and target top publications and social media platforms to create features, interviews, and news stories that showcase you and your music in the best possible light.
- Influencer relationships. We have some incredible relationships with influencers across the social media landscape, enabling us to promote your music through the social media accounts of online personalities with thousands, if not millions, of committed fans. We use their reach and authority to improve your profile as a musical artist.
- Podcasts and YouTube. We organize appearances on popular podcasts and major YouTube channels to boost your profile, build your audience, and shape your public perception across the digital landscape.
Premier Public Relations for Musicians
Wondering why Lobeline is the trusted PR firm for musicians? Lobeline offers musical artists and bands over 30 years of experience working in entertainment public relations, publicity, and media relations, as well as marketing communication for entertainment clients. When you work with us, you know that you are getting a premier public relations campaign that will increase your visibility and transform your media efforts.
Musicians We Represent
Musicians and tour operators trust Lobeline Communications. Over the years, we have represented some of the top musicians in the industry, including:
- B.B. King
- Blue Man Group
- Doobie Brothers Reunion
- New Orleans Jazz Fest
- The Ten Tenors
- Trans Siberian Orchestra
- Universal Amphitheatre/MCA Concerts
- Van Morrison
- George Michael
Our client roster is quite extensive and includes well over 100+ big names.
Why Work with Lobeline
When you work with Lobeline Communications, you’re guaranteed the best music public relations in the industry. This is true whether you are an unknown artist or one struggling to remain in the public eye. We can create the PR strategy you need to gain momentum, build a following, and invigorate your fan base.
We pride ourselves on creating long-lasting relationships with the musical artists and bands that we represent. This contributes to the long-term success of our music clients and plays a massive role in helping them achieve their short-term and long-term goals.
At Lobeline Communications, our passion and dedication to music PR work have a foundation based on innovative strategies. Our Los Angeles public relations firm is committed to delivering top results, giving music clients the edge they need to stand out from their competitors. Look no further than Lobeline for all your music PR needs.